“Maximising value through geomechanics”
The Australian Centre for Geomechanics is delighted to host the First Asia Pacific Slope Stability in Mining Conference in Brisbane, Australia, 6–8 September 2016. This inaugural conference will provide a special forum for best practice and state-of-the-art technologies that are targeted to the unique challenges and environs of the Asia Pacific region with respect to pit slope investigations, design, implementation and performance monitoring.
- Conference and associated event earlybird registration closes 25 July 2016!
- View the list of 60+ APSSIM2016 received papers.
- The ACG has secured discounted rates on Brisbane’s Airtrain for APSSIM2016 delegates. Click here for more details.
- Data gathering, interpretation, reliability and geotechnical models
- Assessment and implications of uncertainty in design
- In situ stress, numerical analysis and design of slopes
- Excavation control, management of blast damage and quality control
- Support, depressurisation and stabilisation of slopes
- In situ groundwater and long-term pore pressure reductions
- Surface water implications and management
- Rockfalls: analysis and control
- Slope performance, monitoring and risk management
- Unsaturated materials
- Financial considerations
- Design and analysis
- Visualisation tools and technologies
- Management and operations
- Material characterisation
- Monitoring of movement and seepage
- Remediation of unstable slopes
- Case studies